If you’re like most people, you probably have a few slices of leftover pizza sitting in your fridge right now. But what should you do with them? Here are a few ideas.
Checkout this video:
What to do with leftover pizza: the ultimate guide
If you’re like most people, you probably have a love-hate relationship with pizza. You love it when it’s fresh and hot, but you hate it when it’s cold and stale. So what do you do with those leftover slices?
Here are some ideas for what to do with leftover pizza:
1. Eat it cold. Some people actually prefer cold pizza to reheated pizza. If that’s you, then enjoy your leftover slices as-is!
2. Reheat it in the oven. This is the best way to eat pizza and get that crispy crust back. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the slices on a baking sheet Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
3. Reheat it in the microwave. If you’re in a hurry, the microwave is a decent option for Eating Pizza Place the slices on a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds, until warmed through. Just be warned that the crust might not be as crisp as if you’d reheated it in the oven.
4. Fry it up! If you’re feeling adventurous, try frying your leftover pizza instead of reheating it. Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat, then add the sliced pizza and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until crispy and golden brown. Serve with ranch dressing or hot sauce for dipping.
5. Make pizzadillas! This is a fun twist on the classic quesadilla: simply replace the tortillas with slices of cold pizza! Spread some cheese on each slice, then top with another slice of pizza (cheese side down). Cook in a pan over medium heat until the cheese is melted and bubbly, then cut into wedges and enjoy with ranch dressing or marinara sauce for dipping
The best ways to reheat leftover pizza
There are a few different ways that you can reheat your leftover pizza so that it tastes just as good as when it was first made. One way is to place the slice on a baking sheet and reheat it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes. Another way is to heat the slice in a skillet over medium heat until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted. You can also microwave the slice for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted.
How to freeze leftover pizza
When it comes to freezing leftover pizza, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, you’ll want to make sure that the pizza is properly wrapped. This will help to prevent freezer burn and keep the pizza fresh. Pizza slices can be wrapped in foil or plastic wrap, or placed in freezer bags. If you are freezing a whole pizza, it’s best to place it in a freezer-safe container or wrap it tightly in heavy-duty foil.
Once the pizza is wrapped, label it with the date so you know when it was frozen. For best quality, consume within 2-3 months. When you’re ready to eat the pizza, allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Then, reheat in the oven at 350 degrees until warm throughout.
Pizza toppings to add to your leftover pizza
Do you have some leftover pizza that you’re not sure what to do with? If you’re looking for something new to do with your leftover pizza, here are some ideas for pizza toppings that you can add to give your pizza a new twist.
The ultimate leftover pizza Q&A
Think you know everything there is to know about leftover pizza? Think again! We talked to the experts to get the scoop on the best way to eat pizza how long it will last in the fridge, and what to do if you’re really craving a slice (or two).
1. How long does leftover pizza last in the fridge?
Cooked pizza will keep in the fridge for three to four days or in the freezer for two to three months. When reheating Frozen Pizza be sure to preheat your oven so the crust doesn’t get soggy.
2. Is it better to eat pizza in the oven or microwave?
The best way to reheat pizza is in a 350-degree oven, on a baking sheet or directly on the rack. If you’re short on time, you can also reheat slices in the microwave. Just be sure to heat for shorter intervals so the cheese doesn’t get rubbery.
3. Can I freeze leftover pizza?
Yes! Just be sure to wrap it tightly before freezing so it doesn’t dry out. You can also freeze individual slices so they’re easy to grab and go.
4. I’m really craving a slice of cold pizza. Is that weird?
Not at all! In fact, some people prefer cold pizza because it allows the flavors to meld together. If you do decide to eat it straight from the fridge, be sure to heat up any toppings (like pepperoni or sausage) so they’re not cold.
What to do with leftover pizza crust
There are many things you can do with leftover pizza crust. Here are some ideas:
-Make garlic bread: Spread some garlic butter on the crust and bake for a few minutes.
-Use it as a dipper: Cut the crust into strips and use it to dip in sauces.
-Make a dessert pizza: Spread some Nutella or other chocolate spread on the crust, top with sliced fruit, and serve.
-Turn it into cinnamon rolls: Spread some cinnamon sugar on the crust, roll it up, and bake for a few minutes.
How to make a leftover pizza casserole
Most people love pizza, but sometimes there are just too many leftovers. If you find yourself with extra pizza, don’t just reheat it and hope for the best. Make a leftover pizza casserole! This dish is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, in a large baking dish, combine two cups of cooked pasta, two cups of diced cooked chicken or sausage, one cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and one cup of tomato sauce. Mix everything together well and spread it into an even layer.
Next, layer on your leftover pizza slices. You can use as many or as few as you like, depending on how big your dish is and how much pizza you have left over. Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve your casserole hot and enjoy!
9 recipes for leftover pizza
1. Pizza Chili
Ingredients: 2 cups leftover pizza, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can chili beans, ½ onion, 1 green bell pepper, ½ tsp. chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions: Chop onion and green bell pepper. In a pot on medium heat, cook onions and peppers until softened. Add canned tomatoes, chili beans, and chili powder. Stir. Add leftover pizza and break it into pieces with a spoon. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with shredded cheese and diced avocado on top.
2. Pizza Soup
Ingredients: 2 cups leftover pizza, 4 cups vegetable broth, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 small onion, salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions: Dice small onion. In a pot on medium heat, cook onions until softened. Add canned tomatoes and vegetable broth. Stir. Add leftover pizza and break it into pieces with a spoon. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.$3 $5
How to make leftover pizza soup
If you have some leftover pizza, you can easily turn it into a delicious soup. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Preheat a soup pot on the stove over medium heat.
2. Add some olive oil to the pot and then add chopped onion.
3. Cook the onion until it is translucent and then add garlic.
4. Cook the garlic for a minute and then add your leftover pizza to the pot.
5. Add some broth (chicken or beef will work) and some diced tomatoes.
6. Season the soup with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs.
7. Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes and then serve hot with some grated cheese on top. Enjoy!
The best leftover pizza hacks
If you find yourself with some leftover pizza, don’t just eat it cold from the fridge — transform it into something new with one of these hacks. You can have a whole new meal without even having to order takeout!
-Pizza omelette: Beat some eggs, add in some chopped up pizza, and cook it all up like an omelette. Top with cheese, if desired.
-Pizza grilled cheese: Just put your favorite pizza toppings between two slices of bread, and grill as you would a grilled cheese sandwich.
-Pizza soup: Cut up your leftover pizza into bite-sized pieces and add it to your favorite tomato soup recipe.
-Pizza quesadillas: Put some chopped up pizza and shredded cheese between two tortillas, and grill until the tortillas are crispy. Serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
-Pizza calzones: Fold your leftover pizza ingredients into a pre-made dough, bake, and enjoy!