Pizza Hut Hand Tossed Vs Pan: Discover The Differences
If you’re a pizza lover, there’s no doubt you’ve asked yourself the question: hand tossed or pan? Both types of pizza are undeniably delicious, but they do have some key differences.
Whether you’re a fan of hand tossed or pan pizza, there’s no denying that both styles have their own unique qualities that make them stand out from the rest.
So, what’s the difference between these two popular types of pizza? Keep reading to find out!
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at those differences “Pizza Hut hand tossed vs pan” and help you decide which type of pizza is right for you. Enjoy!
Quick Answer: The Difference Between Pizza Hut Hand Tossed Vs Pan Pizza
Pizza Hut offers two types of pizza – hand tossed and pan. Both of these types come with their own unique set of pros and cons, so it can be hard to decide which one is right for you.
The difference between the Pizza Hut hand tossed vs pan pizza is not just the crust, but also how the sauce and toppings are added. With pan pizza, the ingredients are layered on top of the dough. With hand tossed pizza, the ingredients are mixed in with the dough.
Here’s a breakdown of the main differences between these two types of pizzas so you can have an easier time deciding which one is right for you.
- Hand tossed pizza dough is made with flour, yeast, salt, and water. Pan pizza dough is made with flour, yeast, salt, oil, and water.
- Hand tossed pizza sauce is typically made with tomatoes, olive oil,, and herbs. Pan pizza sauce is made with tomatoes, tomato sauce, and herbs. It’s also slightly sweeter than hand tossed pizza sauce.
- Hand tossed pizza toppings are mixed in with the dough. Pan pizza toppings are typically layered on top of the dough.
- Hand tossed pizzas are baked quickly in very high heat, while pan pizzas cooks more slowly in much lower heat. This helps give the dough its crispy texture when it comes out of the oven since it doesn’t become overcooked like hand tossed dough tends to do at such high temperatures.
- Pan pizzas are typically bigger than hand tossed pizzas.
- Hand tossed pizza crusts are typically thinner than pan pizza crusts. This means that they aren’t as filling, which makes them a better option for people who want to eat less and still be satisfied afterward.
- Hand tossed pizzas come with a salad and breadsticks, while pan pizzas don’t offer any side dishes.
6 Key Differences: Pizza Hut Hand Tossed VS Pan Pizza
Difference #1- The Sauce
The original pan pizza uses thicker tomato sauce than the hand tossed. One slice of the original pan pizza has 60 percent more calories than one slice of the hand tossed variety because it is loaded with extra thick and gooey cheese, sausage and pepperoni.
Difference #2- The Crusts
The crust for both pizzas are different in terms of texture,pan crust or original pan crust is a bit crispy on the bottom but soft,chewy dough on top.Hand tosses dough is tosses by hand which gives it a lighter texture without sacrificing flavor resulting from use of butter.
Difference #3- The Cheese
The difference between Pizza Hut hand tossed vs pan, two different types of pizza is actually the amount of cheese within each slice. On average, a hand tossed slice contains about one ounce less cheese than a slice from the original pan variety.
The hand tossed crust also does not have much butter on top as compared to the original pan crust which gives it an advantage because too much fat and grease can be detrimental to your health.
Difference #4- The Pepperoni
The pepperoni for both pizzas are vastly different in size and taste,a slice of the original pan pizza has eight times more sodium content than a piece from the hand tossed variety .
A typical serving from Pizza Hut’s hand tossed line contains six grams of protein whereas the original pan slice only has three.
The hand tossed pizza also contains less fat and cholesterol than the original pan variety because it is baked at a higher temperature resulting in burned pepperoni instead of fried.
Difference #5- Cooking Methods
Both pizzas are cooked differently,the original pan variety is actually deep fried in vegetable oil whereas the hand tossed is baked at 475 degrees Fahrenheit (which makes for a crispier crust).
The batter used to make the classic pan crust is made with flour,water,yeast and salt that has been blended into an oily paste which gives it its distinctive yellow hue.
Original pan pizzas frequently need time to cool down before they can be safely consumed. Due to this fact and its high fat and calorie content, it is not recommended that anyone eat more than 24 oz of the original pan pizza.
Difference #6- Vegetables
The vegetables used in both pizzas are different in taste and texture,the hand tossed crust may contain a small amount of garlic while the toppings for the original pan variety are limited to pepperoni and cheese.
On average, a slice from Pizza Hut’s hand tossed line has 40 percent less sodium content than a slice from its original pan line.
In terms of nutritional value, there is no difference between Pizza Hut’s two types of crusts because they have been crafted from the exact same ingredients which include pizza dough mix flour ,water salt yeast.
Pizza Hut Hand Tossed Vs Pan: More Detailed Comparison
1. The dough is different
One of the biggest differences between hand tossed and pan pizzas is the dough. Hand tossed pizza dough is made with flour, yeast, salt, and water. It’s kneaded by hand and then rolled out into a circle.
Pan pizza dough, on the other hand, is made with flour, yeast, salt, oil, and water. It’s mixed in a mixer and then poured into a pan. This type of dough is denser than hand tossed dough and has a chewier texture.
2. The sauce is different
Another key difference between these two types of pizza is the sauce. Hand tossed pizza sauce is typically made with tomatoes, olive oil,, and herbs. Pan pizza sauce is made with tomatoes, tomato sauce, and herbs. It’s also slightly sweeter than hand tossed pizza sauce.
3. The toppings are different
the toppings are another important difference between pan and hand tossed pizzas. Pan pizza toppings are typically layered on top of the dough, while hand tossed pizza toppings are mixed in with the dough. This means that pan pizza toppings are usually thicker and more plentiful than hand tossed pizza toppings.
4. The crust is different
One of the last differences between hand tossed and pan pizzas is the crust. Hand tossed pizza crusts are typically thinner than pan pizza crusts. This means that they aren’t as filling, which makes them a better option for people who want to eat less and still be satisfied afterward.
5. The cooking process is different
Another difference between these two types of pizzas is how they’re cooked. Hand tossed pizzas are baked quickly in very high heat, while pan pizzas cooks more slowly in much lower heat.
This helps give the dough its crispy texture when it comes out of the oven since it doesn’t become overcooked like hand tossed dough tends to do at such high temperatures.
6. There are more ingredients in the pan pizza
In addition to the dough, sauce, and toppings that are listed above, pan pizzas typically have more ingredients. This is because they’re topped with different cheeses and extra spices before going into the oven.
7. Pan pizzas are bigger than hand tossed pizzas
Last but not least, pan pizzas are typically bigger than hand tossed pizzas. This is because they use more dough and have more toppings. So, if you’re looking for a pizza that will satisfy your hunger, a pan pizza is the way to go!
8. Hand tossed pizzas come with a salad and breadsticks, while pan pizzas don’t offer any side dishes
9) Pan pizzas have less cheese on them because they’re baked instead of being cooked in an oven like hand-tossed pizza
10) Hand-tossed pizza dough has more sugar in it to make it crispier, but pan pizza dough doesn’t need sugar because it’s already crispy enough from baking the whole thing at once and not just on top like hand-tossed pizza does
11) A lot of people prefer the taste of a pan pizza over a hand tossed one because there’s no crunchiness to get in your teeth when you eat it, and some people even say that the flavors blend better with each other when they bake together for longer periods of time (which also means that if you order two or three topping then they will be distributed evenly on your pie).
12) When cooking both types of pies, there is a certain time when you want to take the pizza out because if you don’t it will either be too doughy or burnt.
13) Toppings for hand-tossed pizza are usually added after cooking, while pizzas with toppings baked in them (like cheese and sauce) often must come out of the oven before getting done completely.
14) When people make pan pizzas at home, they usually use a baking sheet because this helps them get the crust crispy and the edges rounded nicely which contains all of their ingredients within a nice little pizza bite.
15) Pan pizzas tend to have a crisper crust than hand tossed pizzas due to having more moisture in their crust from using oil in production; whereas hand tossed pizzas will become a little bit more crusty because of the sugar that is used in the dough recipe in order to make it crispy.
16) Pan pizzas can hold more toppings than a hand-tossed pizza, so you are less likely to run out of your favorite toppings before finishing your pizza.
Original Pan Pizza
Pizza Hut’s original pan pizza is made with a thicker crust that is baked in a square pan. The sauce and cheese are layered on top of the crust, and then the toppings are added. The pizza is then baked in a oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
Pan pizza was invented by the founder of Pizza Hut, Frank Carney in 1958. The original pan pizza is dubbed an ‘artesian well’ pizza because it has a raised edge and deep dish crust filled with buttery flavor.
To create the Original Pan Pizza, Carney poured tomato sauce on top of dough and added cheese and pepperoni before baking it.
Hand Tossed Pizza
Pizza Hut’s hand tossed pizza is made with a thin crust that is stretched and tossed by hand. The sauce and cheese are layered on top of the crust, and then the toppings are added. The pizza is then baked in a oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
Hand tossing is a method used to make pizzas by using simple wrist movements to toss and spin the dough into shape. It takes less than two minutes. The technique makes the crust light and crispy while maintaining its fluffiness or air bubbles that to its soft texture .
How are they made?
Original Pan Pizza
Tomato Sauce Onion Garlic Salt Sugar Olive Oil Mozzarella Cheese Parmesan Cheese Marinara Sauce Black Olives Green Peppers Tomato Paste Oregano Garlic Powder Basil Fennel Seeds Red Pepper Flakes Cheddar Cheese Monterey Jack Cheese Romano Cheese Ground Beef Baby Shrimp Italian Sausage Bacon Pepperoni Panko Bread Crumbs* White Wine*
1) First, put the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano, basil, garlic powder and salt in a pot. Let it boil until the sauce thickens.
2) While waiting for the sauce to cook, grate mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese.
3) When the sauce is done cooking, take it off from the stove and let it cool. Next, add onions, garlic, black olives and green peppers in a bowl with marinara sauce. Mix until all ingredients are evenly spread out.
4) Pour onion mixture on top of the dough and spread it out evenly to completely cover the dough.
5) Sprinkle grated cheese on top followed by remaining toppings such as pepperoni, bacon and ground beef
6) Bake in an oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown
7) When done baking, take pizza out of the oven and slice it into smaller pieces before serving
Hand Tossed Pizza
Hand Tossed pizza is made by the same process as pan pizza; first, dough is formed into a round shape and allowed to rise. Then sauce and cheese are applied, followed by additional toppings like pepperoni or sausage. Finally, it’s oven-baked until it reaches perfection!
Which One Is Better?
So Pizza Hut hand tossed vs pan: Which one is better?
There really isn’t a definitive answer when it comes to deciding which type of Pizza Hut pizza is better – it all comes down to personal preference.
Some people may prefer the thicker crust and buttery taste of the original pan pizza, while others may prefer the light and crispy texture of the hand tossed pizza. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which type of pizza you like best.
FAQs related to Pizza Hut hand tossed vs pan
What’s better handmade pan or hand tossed?
There is no definitive answer, it is all preference.
What is the difference in calories?
There is no significant difference in calories.
Which has more carbs?
The hand tossed pizza has more carbs.
Is one better than the other?
There is no definitive answer, it is all preference. Some people may prefer the thicker crust and buttery taste of the original pan pizza, while others may prefer the light and crispy texture of the hand tossed pizza. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which type of pizza you like best.
Is Pizza Hut Hand Tossed good?
If you’re looking for a classic pizza experience, Pizza Hut’s hand tossed style is the way to go. The dough is made fresh and each pizza is cooked by hand in an oven.
Does Pizza Hut Hand Tossed use fresh dough?
Yes, fresh dough is used in both types of pizza.
What is in the white sauce?
The white sauce contains ingredients such as milk, cream, flour, garlic and onion. It is made by heating milk and cream then adding garlic and onion. Once those ingredients are added, flour is mixed in until it thickens and the sauce is complete.
Is there sugar in Pizza Hut’s white sauce?
Pizza Hut does not add sugar to the white sauce.
Is Pizza Hut Hand Tossed pan pizza good?
Yes, it is delicious and has a thin, crispy crust that puts other pizzas to shame.
What is the difference between thin and thick crust at Pizza Hut?
Both thin and thick crust begin as dough that is formed into a rimmed sheet for baking. The difference comes from the depth of the dish—the thicker dishes are typically deeper than those used for thin crust pizzas.
Thicker dishes hold more sauce and toppings such as pepperoni or sausage, which become baked directly onto the underside of each slice when cooking through. Pizzas prepped in a thicker crust will also require more baking time than those with a thin crust.
Can I get pan pizza at other pizza places?
Yes, but it is not always called pan pizza. Other places may call it Sicilian-style or deep dish.
What is hand tossed pizza at Pizza Hut?
Hand tossed pizza consists of dough that is stretched and tossed by hand before being put into a special oven. The dough rises slightly during baking, resulting in an airier crust.
What is Pizza Hut hand stretched crust?
The dough for hand tossed crust is stretched by hand before it is put into an oven. This results in a dough that rises slightly during baking, giving you an airier crust.
Why is pizza mania cheaper?
The dough for hand-tossed pizza is made from a slightly different recipe than the dough for pan pizza. This means that it is cheaper to produce, making it a more affordable option for customers.
What is the most popular pizza crust?
Among the fans of hand tossed pizza, it is generally agreed that the thin crust is the best. As for pan pizza, many people would say that they like the thick crust better than other types.
What are 5 different types of pizzas?
There are so many different kinds of pizzas out there, but here are some examples:
• Pizza Hut Hand Tossed – Cheese and pepperoni
• Pizza Hut Pan Pizza – Pepperoni and mushroom
• Dominos 3 Meat Treat – Pepperoni , ham & beef salami along with cheese
• Pizzahut The Big New Yorker – Salami , onions , mushrooms , green bell peppers , black olives and sausage . Also has mozzarella cheese
• Dominos Pizza My Heart – Ham, beef salami, onions, mushrooms and cheese
What is America’s least favorite pizza topping?
While pineapple has made great strides in becoming a popular topping, it is still considered to be one of America’s least favorite toppings.
What are the three most popular pizza outlets?
There are no contests when it comes to popularity:
1. Pizza Hut – This international franchise serves a variety of pizzas with different crusts and toppings, including pan and hand-tossed options for each type .
2. Domino’s – This restaurant serves both pan and hand tossed pizzas but they also have limited time offers which change from time to time .
They have special deals where you can get a pizza at discounted prices within limited times only. Their current offer is Dominos ‘R’ Us . You can get a pizza for $5.99 with any two toppings.
3. Papa John’s – This is another international franchise that serves pizzas with a variety of crusts and toppings, including pan and hand-tossed options .
What makes Papa John’s unique is that it offers an online order option where you can customize your pizza the way you want it. You can also get discounts on your orders by using their promotional codes.
What are the health benefits of eating pizza?
Apart from being incredibly delicious, pizza is also healthy for you! Here are some reasons why:
• Pizza is a good source of carbohydrates which give you energy
• The tomatoes used in making pizza sauce are a great source of lycopene which helps prevent cancer
• Cheese is rich in calcium and protein and it has some fat, but the good kind of fat (the cheese used on pizzas hardly ever contain trans fats).
What is the most expensive pizza topping?
Believe it or not, there are toppings that can cost you a little extra. Some examples include caviar and lobster.
What is the most popular pizza topping?
Perhaps unsurprisingly, pepperoni wins by a mile in the popularity stakes. With its spicy flavor and crispy texture, this pizza topping appeals to a lot of people.
Which is better hand tossed or thin crust?
The most popular pizza crust lies in the thin category. There are many different types of pizzas with either hand tossed or thin crusts, but it is up to you which one you like better.
So, what’s the verdict? Pan or hand tossed?
Well, that’s up to you. Both types of Pizza Hut pizzas have their own unique characteristics and benefits. So, it really comes down to what you’re looking for in a pizza and what your personal preferences are.
If you’re looking for a thick and buttery crust with lots of toppings, then the original pan pizza is the right choice for you.
But if you’re after a light and crispy crust with just the right amount of sauce and cheese, then the hand tossed pizza is the way to go. So, it’s time to get creative and mix and match to find the perfect pizza for you. Enjoy!
Now that you know the differences between Pizza Hut hand tossed vs pan pizzas, it’s time to decide which one is right for you.
If you’re looking for a classic pizza with a crispy crust and simple ingredients, go for the hand tossed option. If you’re in the mood for something a bit more indulgent, with thicker toppings and a sweeter sauce, then the pan pizza is the way to go.