Check out this easy recipe for making delicious, stretchy pizza dough that is sure to please everyone!
Checkout this video:
Pizza Dough should be stretchy and elastic so it can hold all of the delicious toppings you pile on top. This recipe will show you how to make a perfectly elastic and stretchy pizza dough that will make your pizzas taste even better!
1 cup (240 ml) of warm water
1 teaspoon (5 ml) of sugar
1 package (2 ¼ teaspoons, 10 ml) of active dry yeast
3 cups (720 ml) of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon (5 ml) of salt
2 tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
What You Need
Flour – 3 1/2 cups (500 grams)
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Active dry yeast – 1/4 teaspoon
Olive oil – 1 tablespoon + more for greasing
Water – 1 cup (240 ml) lukewarm
Egg – 1 large, beaten
1) In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast and sugar. Give it a stir and let sit for 5 minutes, until the yeast is foamy.
2) Add the olive oil and salt and stir to combine.
3) Add the flour, 1 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until the dough comes together. It should be sticky, but not too wet or dry. If it’s too dry, add a little more water; if it’s too wet, add a little more flour.
4) Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, until it’s smooth and elastic. If it’s sticky, add a little more flour; if it’s too dry, add a little more water.
5) Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until doubled in size.
6) Preheat your oven to its highest setting (mine goes up to 500°F/260°C). If you’re using a pizza stone or baking sheet place it in the oven while it preheats.
7) Once the dough has doubled in size, turn it out onto a floured surface and divide into 2 pieces for large pizzas or 4 pieces for smaller pizzas. Roll or stretch each piece into a 12-inch (30-cm) circle (or whatever size you want your pizzas to be).
8) Transfer the dough to your prepared baking surface (I like to use a Pizza Peel dusted with cornmeal), top with your favorite toppings and bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Tips and Tricks
-Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning. This includes the water, milk, and yeast.
-If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can mix the dough by hand. Just be sure to knead it for at least 10 minutes to get a good stretch going.
-If your dough is too sticky, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until it’s no longer sticky. If it’s too dry, add more water 1 tablespoon at a time.
-Once your dough is mixed, place it in a greased bowl and cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap. Let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
-After the dough has risen, punch it down and shape it into a ball. Place it on a lightly floured surface and let it rest for 10 minutes.
-Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
-Roll the dough out into a 12 inch (30 cm) circle and place it on an greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
-Bake the pizza dough for 8 minutes, then remove from oven and add your desired toppings.
-Bake the pizza for an additional 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly
In conclusion, there are several different types of pizzas, each with their own dough recipe. The dough recipe you use will depend on the type of pizza you want to make. If you want a thin and crispy pizza, use a Naples-style dough recipe. If you want a thick and chewy pizza, use a New York-style dough recipe. If you want a deep dish pizza, use a Chicago-style dough recipe. No matter what type of pizza you want to make, there is a perfect dough recipe for it!