Ordering pizza isn’t always the best way to get them. If you learn the right recipes, you can learn to cook pizza in different ways. Most people aren’t aware that you can air fry pizza instead of cooking it in the oven. Air fryer pizza is a great way to make a fast meal and eliminate sogginess from pizza.
This post covers the best air fryer pizzas, how you can store pizza, and how to warm frozen pizza.
Let’s get started!
1. Tortilla Air Fryer Pizza Recipe
This homemade pizza recipe takes less than ten minutes to deliver mouth-watering results. If you get concerned about how many calories are in your pizza, you’ll be glad to know that this is a low-carb recipe. Let’s see what you need to make your air fryer pizza.
- Pizza sauce
- Dried oregano
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Pepperoni slices
- Black olives (sliced)
- Two oz. of mushrooms (cooked)
- The first step is to preheat your air fryer to 450°F, ensuring it cooks faster.
- Next, place your tortilla in the air fryer basket and let it cook for a minute, then flip it over to ensure both sides are equally cooked. If you don’t know how to make a tortilla, check out this post for step-by-step instructions.
- Remove your toasted tortilla from the air fryer and spread the pizza sauce. Ensure the sauce doesn’t go beyond the edge of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle your desired amount of dried oregano on the sauce.
- Add the shredded mozzarella cheese to the tortilla and spread them evenly across the entire surface.
- Next, arrange the pepperoni slices and mushrooms on top of the cheese in any order.
- Place your pizza in the air fryer and let it cook until the cheese melts and the toppings start to brown. This will take about 2 – 3 minutes.
2. Ham Air Fryer Pizza Recipe
A tortilla base isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. So, this next recipe uses dough instead. I love this recipe because it ensures the dough cooks into a crispy crust that firmly holds your pizza toppings.
- Pre-made or homemade pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Fresh herbs
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Ham (chopped)
If you want to cut the time to make your air fryer pizza, you should buy premade pizza dough. On the other hand, if you don’t mind the extra work, you can make your own pizza dough at home. Here are the steps to follow.
- Par-bake your rolled dough for about 5 to 6 minutes in the air fryer without toppings to make the pizza base easier to handle as you cook.
- Next, smear the pizza sauce over the crust’s surface and sprinkle the herbs of your choice on top.
- Add the shredded mozzarella cheese to the homemade pizza and finish with the ham slices as the last toppings layer.
- Place the pizza in the air fryer at a temperature of 360°F and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Ensure the cheese melts and the toppings begin to brown.
3. Cheesy Air Fryer Pizza Recipe
This next recipe takes about 20 minutes to execute. It’s suitable for your favorite toppings, so we don’t include specific toppings in the ingredients list.
- 5 oz pizza dough
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Your favorite toppings
- You’ll need to prep several things before the actual cooking begins. You need to dust some flour over the pizza dough and leave it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Shred your mozzarella cheese and chop or slice your pizza toppings to a suitable size.
- Roll your dough till it’s equal to the size of your air fryer basket, and brush lightly with some olive oil.
- Place your dough in the air fryer basket and apply the tomato sauce across the surface of the base.
- Add the shredded cheese and toppings, arranging them on the crust.
- Finally, air fry your pizza sauce at 375°F for ten to twelve minutes as you monitor the melting cheese.
4. Vegan Air Fryer Pizza
This air-frying pizza recipe is for those who live a vegan lifestyle. A vegan pizza offers fewer calories than a regular meat pizza, which is why some people prefer it. Let’s consider the ingredients necessary for this recipe. It’ll take you about 10 minutes to prepare your pizza.
- Pizza dough
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of vegan mozzarella cheese
- Vegetable toppings
- Basil leaves
- Chilli flakes
- Roll out your dough to a suitable size and place it in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes at 390°F.
- Remove the crust from the air fryer and smear some tomato sauce. Then add your shredded vegan cheese and distribute it evenly on your pizza base.
- Place the vegetable toppings, and basil leaves one at a time on the crust.
- Put the air fryer basket with your pizza in the oven for seven minutes. The crust should turn brown, and the cheese should melt before you take it out.
- Finally, remove your pizza from the air fryer, garnish it with oregano and chilli flakes and serve.
5. Air Fry Pepperoni Pizza
Our next recipe is for pepperoni pizza lovers. Your cooking time is about 12 minutes, making this recipe a great choice if you want a fast meal.
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- One pack of pepperoni slices
- Eight oz. shredded cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F as you roll your dough to the shape and size of your air frying basket.
- Put the pizza base in the air fryer without cheese and toppings for about 3 minutes. This will ensure you get a crispy pizza crust when you cook it again with the toppings.
- Then, brush your pizza sauce on the crust and add the shredded cheese, distributing it evenly across the surface.
- Place the slices of pepperoni on the layer of cheese and any other toppings you want.
- Put the pizza in the air fryer at the same temperature and wait about 7 minutes or until the cheese melts completely.
- Remove the pizza from the air fryer and slice your pizza.
6. Air-Fried Sausage Cheese Pizza
Another great pizza recipe for an air fryer is a sausage-cheese pizza. This should take you at most 15 minutes to prepare your pizza. Let’s see what you need to pull this off.
- Four 12-ounce balls of store-bought or homemade dough
- A pack of Italian sausages
- Your favorite sauce
- Freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves
- Lightly dust a clean surface with some flour and place the dough balls on to roll them one at a time.
- Brush the sauce on the base as evenly as possible, leaving a small distance around the edge.
- Add the cheese to the base, followed by the sausage slices and the basil leaves on each crust.
- Spread some olive oil on the surface of the air fryer basket and place your pizza on it.
- Set the air dryer to 375°F and put the pizza in for 8 minutes as you wait for the cheese to melt and the crust to brown.
- Remove the pizza from the air fryer rack, let it cool, and then serve.
7. Air Fryer Chicken Crust Pizza
An air fryer chicken crust pizza is another recipe worth trying. It takes about half an hour, but once you put a slice in your mouth, you’ll forget how long it took to cook the pizza.
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- One teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Black pepper
- One egg
- Garlic powder
- Pepperoni toppings
- Start by rolling the dough into the pizza size you want and par-bake it in the air fryer for 5 minutes at a temperature of 360°F.
- Next, take a large bowl and mix the ground chicken, egg, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and spread it evenly.
- Add the cheese and pepperoni toppings and put the pizza in the air fryer.
- Wait for about ten minutes or until the cheese melts evenly and the crust turns brown.
- Remove the pizza from the basket, cut it into slices, and serve.
8. Air Fryer White Pizza
You can also use air fryers to make white pizza. Prepping your ingredients will take about 6 minutes, and the cooking will take 20. We are looking at 26 to 30 minutes of total time. So, check out the list of ingredients you need below.
- 16 oz. of dough
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- A teaspoon of ground pepper
- Freshly chopped basil leaves
Here’s how to make your air-fried pizza.
- Preheat the air fryer to a temperature of 375°F while you divide and roll the dough into four separate crusts. Ensure the shape of the base resembles that of your air fryer basket.
- Put the base in the air fryer and wait for three to four minutes.
- Remove the crust from the air fryer and brush some olive oil on the surface.
- Add the ricotta cheese first and then the mozzarella.
- Finish the layers with freshly chopped basil leaves and ground pepper.
- Place the pizza into the fryer and wait about four minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Repeat the process for each crust.
9. Air Fried BBQ Chicken Pizza
If you still haven’t found an easy air fryer pizza recipe suitable for you, check out this one. With 15 minutes for prepping and 10 minutes for cooking, this recipe will give you results in less than 30 minutes.
You can make your own if you don’t buy premade dough from the store. The challenge with making homemade dough is what to do with leftover dough. There are several ways you can handle excess pizza dough, like making pizza rolls and breadsticks.
Here’s a quick summary of how to make your own pizza dough.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of warm water into a mixing bowl, add two teaspoons of yeast, and stir.
- Wait for five minutes, then add 3 1/2 cups of flour and two tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and sugar.
- Knead the mixture in the bowl for five minutes, transfer it to another surface, and continue kneading for ten more minutes.
- Brush some olive oil in another bowl and cover the dough.
- Wait until the dough doubles, which can take up to 2 hours.
- You are all set!
- Barbecue sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 2 cups of diced and cooked chicken breasts
- Divide your dough into two portions and preheat your air fryer to 375°.
- Roll the two balls of dough into 8-inch wide pizza bases and place them in the preheated air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Apply the barbecue sauce to the crust and spread it as evenly as possible.
- Add half the freshly shredded mozzarella cheese and onion rings to the crust.
- Next, top the layers with the diced pieces of chicken breast and finish with the remaining cheese.
- Place it in the air fryer and cook for about six minutes. The cheese should have completely melted by the time you remove the pizza.
- Serve while hot.
How to Store Leftover Pizza
The best way to preserve your pizza is by cooling it. This means you should put it in your fridge but don’t let it stay for more than two days. The other way to store pizza is in your freezer. It allows you to store the pizza for up to two months.
How to Reheat Pizza
There are several ways to heat a leftover pizza after storing it in the fridge or freezer. One of them is using your air fryer by heating it to 375° and putting the pizza inside for about 5 minutes. You could do the same using an oven, microwave, or skillet.
The process of making pizza with an air fryer is the same as using an oven but a little faster. You can use our air fryer recipes for pizza we’ve covered or even create your own pizza recipe by switching things up.